Thursday 12 April 2012

Bed runner



When I first came across this image, I fell in love with it.  At the time, I was redecorating/refurbishing bedrooms and would have loved to simply do the whole thing.

Reality set in and so I decided to take just one element and use it in my spare/guest room.

I have become a bit overwhelmed with full quilts of late, so thought I'd translate the 'check' design into a bed runner.  The overall colour scheme of the room is sort of mulberry and gray.

So, here's my take on it - close up.  As you can see, I appliquéd flower motifs on it, just to make sure the total effect wasn't too 'masculine'.  Another project in progress  (don't like the term 'unfinished' - too negative).  I'll post a photo of the finished project when it materialises.




No comments:

Post a Comment